| Located between Robin Hood and Lingard Streets, the building was used formerly by St. Paul's R.C. Church.
Click image for more information
In 1896 Father Ronan of St. Peter's faced two construction tasks--the Parish School and a mission church, St. Paul's, Woodward Park Street and Lingard Street. The Church of St. Paul has a frontage on Woodward Park Street of 70 feet and is 125 feet in depth. On New Year's Day, 1908, St. Paul's became a separate parish in the care of the Rev. Joseph G. Anderson, later the Auxiliary Bishop of Boston.
St. Paul's moved to the building now used by the Holy Family Parish between Robin Hood and Lingard Streets. The 1918 map shows St. Paul's Church on Woodward Park Street. The Archbishop of Boston owned the land where the current building stands, but it had not yet been built. The architect of this newer St. Paul's was Maginnis of Boston who designed the church in Gothic Renaissance style.
Holy Family Parish was formed in 1995 combining St. Kevin's and St. Paul's. see the Archdiocese website www.rcab.org
Tucci, Douglass Tucci. The Gothic Churches of Dorchester. Boston: Tribuine Publishing Company for the Dorchester Savings Bank, 1972.