| Created on September 25, 1929 for the Cedar Grove section with territory derived partly from St. Gregory's and partly from S. Ann's, Neponset, St. Brendan's was organized under Rev. William F. Twohig, the first pastor. He held services for a time in the Granite Avenue Garage, but he moved quickly in erecting a brick Romanesque church on Gallivan Boulevard, which was blessed on November 5, 1933.
Click image for more information
Daniel Hay, who is studying the Roman Catholic Churches of Massachusetts and Rhode Island, reported that the architect of St. Brendan's was Raymond Gorrani of Worcester, MA. He built a few other churches in Massachusetts including buidings in Worcester and Marlboro. He vanished in 1940 with no traces.
Dorchester Old and New, 1630-1930. Dorchester: Chapple Pulishing Company for the Dorchester, Massachusetts, Tercentary Committee, 1930.
Lord, Robert H., John E. Sexton and Edward T. Harrington. History of the Archdiocese of Boston. New York: Sheed & Ward, 1944. 3 vols.