| The Henry L. Pierce School replaced the Welles Mansion at the corner of Washington Street and Welles Avenue in 1892. It was itself replaced after a fire in the 1970s by the Codman Square branch of the Boston Public Library.
Click image for more information
Like the Fifield School and the Dochester High School for Boys, the Henry L. Pierce School was designed by Harrison Atwood.
The following is from Dorchester Then and Now by Anthony Sammarco:
The Henry L. Pierce School was designed by city architect and Dorchester resident Harrison H. Atwood (1863-1954). The school, built in 1892 at the corner of Washington Street and Welles Avenue, was named for Henryh Lillie Pierce (1825-1896), who owned the Baker Chocolate Company in the Dorchester Lower Mills. Pierce also served as the mayor of Boston in 1872 and 1877 and was a member of the U.S. Congress. Today, the site is the Codman Square Branch of the Boston Public Library.