D.J. Cutter & Co., a heating fuel company, was started in 1872 at Commercial Point by Dexter Josiah Cutter, passing to his son Frank Ware Cutter, to his son Edward Learoyd Cutter, to his son Edward Learoyd Cutter, Jr., and to his son Timothy Morse Cutter (still managing the business in 2005).
In the 19th century, the company supplied wood and coal for heating. In the 20th century, they made the transition to oil delivery.
Dexter and Frank built homes on Blanche Street, Dexter at #15 and Frank at #11.