No. 7527 Advertisement in Dorchester and Quincy Directory, 1868-9 from Frederick W. K. Nye.
The Boston Directory for 1870 has an entry for Frederick W. K. Nye, apothecary, boards Thayer’s hotel, ward 16 [Dorchester]. Thayer’s Hotel was located in Lower Mills on the west side of Adams Street approaching the bridge to Milton, approximately where the Baker Chocolate Administration Building is today (converted to artist live-in studios).
The entry in the Boston Directory for 1873 gives the location Nye’s business as Milton, near the bridge.