No. 373 Postcard. St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, postmarked May 6, 1908.
Located at 71-73 Columbia Road, St. Mark’s was designed by Edmund O. Sylvester and is described as half-timbered. It was organized as a mission on March 7, 1898, and became a parish on January 15, 1906.
In 1930 its Rector was:
Robert Eliot Marshall
For more information, consult:
The National Register statement for St. Mark’s Episcopal Church, also on this website.
Shand Tucci, Douglass. The Gothic Churches of Dorchester. Issued by the Dorchester Savings Bank. Boston: Tribune Publishing Company, 1972.