No. 3640 Detail from title page of St. Paul’s Presbyterian Church shown in St. Paul’s Cook Book (1914?)
Located at the corner of Cummins Highway and Rexford Street, this Church was organized July 31, 1911.
Building now used as St. Paul Victory Church Assembly of God.
In 1930 its Pastor was:
Charles A. Forbes
St. Paul’s, designed by Maginnis and Walsh of Boston, was one of the firm’s most celebrated Gothic designs. The church took two decades to build due to the reduced finances of the Depression era.
For more information, consult:
Shand Tucci, Douglass. The Gothic Churches of Dorchester. (Issued by the Dorchester Savings Bank. Boston: Tribune Publishing Company, 1972)
Dorchester Old and New, 1630-1930. (Dorchester: Chapple Publishing Company for the Dorchester, Massachusetts, Tercentenary Committee, 1930)